Sunday, December 25, 2011

My SSCS gift :)

002

Yesterday on Christmas Eve (before we went to my nephew for celebrating Christmas with my family) I opened my SSCS gift.  It is several years that I joined Donnas SSCS, but this year I decided to join.  And I am so happy I did.  My Secret Santa was Dawnie.

003

And look what she had made for me!   I adore this sewing bag. She even made the appliqued quilt lady look like me SmilefjesAnd I love the fabrics she have used.

004

This bag is amazing.  Look at all the pockets inside the bag. (LOL  Perhaps hard to see at this photo, but they are there)

005

And inside some of the pockets I found a lot of quilt goodies.  Thank you Dawnie, you have made me so happy and I will for sure use this bag.  Actually I have already put my stitchery project in it.

PS:  Did I mention I adore this sewing bag Smilefjes

The lady I was a Secret Santa for was Annie in Australia, and this is what I made for her.

012

She has a beautiful garden so I had to choose fabrics with flowers.  I made her a toilet purse, a felt pincushion with flowers and also added a stitchery and some embroidery thread.  Hope she likes what I sendt her.

013

And as Christmas ornaments I chrochet some Christmas hearts for her.  And I know she loved them.  Have to make some more for myself because they look very pritty on the Christmas tree.

I got a lot of other lovely quilty Christmas presents yesterday, but that’s another post.

Saying for today:

Gifts of time and love
are surely the basic ingredients
of a truly merry Christmas. 
~Peg Bracken

16 comments:

Ulla said...

Your gifts both the ones you have maid and the ones you have got.

Bizzy Martine said...

Lovely gifts!!!

Roos said...

What a lovely sewing gag you got and all those goodies Yummie.
But you made a beautiful toiletpurse too, I'm sure that Annie Loves it.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wonderful gifts made and received...Merry Christmas May Britt...

Anonymous said...

lovely gifts received and sent May.

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful gifts sent and received in the SSCS.......thanks for joining in once again.....

Jindi's Cottage said...

Gorgeous bags...love them both...and your crocheted hearts beautiful...

Anonymous said...

The gifts are beautiful and I love the crochet hearts. Can you do a tutorial on the pattern to make the hearts?

Anonymous said...

The gifts are beautiful and I love the crochet hearts. Can you do a tutorial on the pattern to make the hearts?

Tone Yvonne said...

Hei May Britt :D

Så fine gaver! Både den du gav bort selv og den du fikk- Så artig at den applikerte damen var tilpasset for å likne på deg :D

Ha en fortsatt god jul og kos deg masse♥

klem

DAWNIE said...

HI May - what a lovely post you have done. am sooo pleased you like the bag that I made for you. Your bag you made for your swap partner is also so lovely.

De said...

Beautiful gifts made and receieved.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Begge gavene er nydelige :o) Fortsatt God Jul :o)

Chocolate Cat said...

Gosh they are 2 gorgeous gifts!! Both you and Annie will get so much enjoyment from them.

Hanne said...

Lovely gifts!

Stina Blomgren said...

Wonderful gifts... Dawnies bag is gorgeous!!!! Lucky you!! :O) And one lucky receiver for your lovely things made!! Happy 2012 to you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails