Sunday, September 18, 2011

40 ladies and one man

015

Imagine 40 ladies and one man (the busdriver) on a bus. Today we have been on a great quilt trip to Tønsberg. Started 07:30 in the morning and back home at 22:00. A long day, but we have had a great time.

Want to see what we were up to.

010

Of course some sewing while we were driving down to Tønsberg

011

And a coffebreak. Some of the ladies brought homebaked cupcakes and applecake.

012

We also had a big lottery with great prizes on the bus. Irene had to show everyone that cute fabric she won.

017

First stop was the quiltshop Quiltefryd in Tønsberg. And all the ladies enjoyed looking through all the goodies in the shop

019

And while most of the ladies was shopping, some ladies relaxed outside the shop drinking coffee and eating waffles. Such a nice treat from the quiltshop.

And more photos from the quiltshop Quiltefryd.

020021022023025

034

028

In the basement there one of the ladies working in the shop did a little demonstration of different rulers and other new gizmoes that a quilter need.

Thank you Åsne and all the other ladies in the quiltshop, for making the visit to your shop so nice.

In Tønsberg there is another quiltshop called Lines Hobby, and of course we had to visit that shop too.

037039043

044

A lot of shopping here too.

Then there was time for dinner at Himmel og Hav.

047049052

After a nice dinner we were heading back to the bus to drive to our next stop

057

at Lille Stasjon in Lier where Bente and her staff had coffee and cakes ready for us.

062

061063

And of course more shopping.

067

I found a chair in one corner and enjoyed relaxing a little bit. I was the travelling leader of this trip, and I am so happy all the ladies told me they had a wonderful day. I guess we are going on a quilt trip next autumn too. This was so fun. But now I am tired and need som sleep.

Tomorrow I will show you my purchases.
Yes, even though I told myself before leaving home, that I needed no more fabrics, ended up buying a lot of fabrics.

17 comments:

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Flotte bilder med masse inspirasjon! Ser ut som dere hadde en super tur! Gleder meg til å se hvilke skatter som ble med deg hjem :-)
Ha en riktig deilig søndag :o)
Klem

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

OMG....you went to heaven May Britt.....wonderful photos....

Radka said...

I can see that it was a very good day for the shops:)

Chookyblue...... said...

looks like wonderful fun.........wished I could join you...........

De said...

What a lovely day!

Debbie said...

Looks like you had a fun day. The quilts shop looks amazing, and all that yummy food.

Vicki said...

Sounds like you had a great day. I can't wait to see your purchases.

Unknown said...

Hello again May Britt,
What a wonderful bus and buying trip you must have had. I hope you are now getting your much needed sleeping and rest. It is 11.30 am Sunday here on the east coast of Australia, and it is very warm outside. I think it will be our warmest day so far this Spring. Could get to 30C before the NE sea breeze blows in to cool it down.

My last acquisition is some fat quarters of Nancy Halvorsen's new range of fabric called Bittersweet. I just love how you can mix and match her different ranges of fabrics.

I have not blogged since January. Have only done repairs on the sewing machine. But I feel like I want to get stuck in and make another quilt.

I have knitted during the winter months, and just recently bought a book called Haapssalu Shawls, about fine lace knitting in Estonia. I just love lace knitting. I have bought the fine wooden needles and some 2 ply merino wool from one of the manufacturers here in Australia.

Anyway I had better sign off and plant some lovely little native daisies I bought at the Markets yesterday.

Maryanne

Sue-Anne said...

There is nothing better than a day out with friends visiting some good quilt shops. Looks like you all had a fantastic time.

Nana's Quilts said...

It does look like you had a really outstanding time on your adventures. Good job being the leader. And we shall be excited to see what you just "had" to purchase.

[Seattle doesn't look exactly like Grey's Anatomy, but some of the pictures are real.]
Marne

Roos said...

That looks to me as a whole lot of fun.....

Josie said...

Wow!! What a fantastic day trip you had. Wish I lived closer I'd have begged for a seat on your bus! You have some gorgeous quilt stores in Norway... temptation everywhere. I imagine being Trip Leader was hard work so well done you for pulling it off and giving everyone such a wonderful day!

Becky said...

That looked like so much fun!!!! I'm sure the ladies all appreciated your hard work in putting such a fabulous day together for them. I see LOTS of smiles in these photos.

Carole said...

Oh May Britt, what a wonderful time! Thank you for taking me on your trip! Lovely places you visited! Rest and relax away! Cheers!

Bronwyn said...

WOW! You have such beautiful quilt shops in Norway!
Looking forward to seeing all your purchases on the next Post!
Bronwyn ...

jesop84 said...

How could you have any better day than friends, food, and fabric? I truly enjoy reading your blog.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks like a fabulous time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails