Sunday, August 07, 2011

At the cabin with good friends

Thursday afternoon after work, my car was loaded with my sewingmachine, a lot of projects and my friend Irene.  Then we drove up to the cabin where four other friends waited for us.

If I do not remember wrong this is the 12th year we are meeting like this.  So it is a tradition for us to have this quilt trip to the cabin

005

One of the ladies finished this lovely hexagon table cloth this weekend.  Looks lovely on the outdoor table.

007

Every corner of the cabin is used for quilting.  A cutting post at the kitchen bench.

010

I had big plans making a little bag from this hen stitchery, but of course I had not brought the fabrics needed for this project.  Even though I had a big bag full of fabric, the one I wanted was back home.   Luckily I had brought a lot of other projects to work on.

012

Hand quilting needs a comfortable place to sit.

013

We had a lot of rain this weekend, but saturday was a sunny warm day.  Sitting outside with handsewing in the sun was very nice.  I did some applique on a table runner.  It is an old WISP I found in my project drawer when organizing it some weeks ago.  Too beautiful not to be finished. 

014

Quilters on a row.  Enjoying the sun. 

018

All kind of projects this weekend.  A lot of laughter and good conversations.  Good food and a lot of card games.  This has been a weekend filled with vitamin Q.

019

I did some stitching, a little bit hand applique on the table runner, finished four miniatureblocks for a mini sampler (forgot to take a photo of them), and I made these three make up purses. 

It’s been a wonderful long weekend

Saying for today:

A true friend is one who thinks
you are a good egg
even if you are half-cracked

26 comments:

Hanne said...

Looks like a good time were had by all :-)
Love your finished projects!

By Hoki Quilts said...

That looked like so much fun and a rich diet for the soul. Love the look of your table runner and the make up bags are just gorgeous.
have a great week
Miche'le

Ulla said...

Det citatet är helt underbart.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

It looks so relaxing.....perfect way to spend a weekend....lovely projects May Britt...

LeKaQuilt said...

Hva annet kan en si en at dette må være den mest perfekte helgen som finnes! Gode venner, masse søm, god mat og godt å drikke. Jeg er sikker på at dere har fått sydd en hel masse fint, og kanskje får vi sett noe av dette etter hvert :o) Ha en fin uke!

Siv said...

Hei! Jeg har fulgt bloggen din lenge, men jeg tror ikke jeg har skrevet en eneste kommentar til deg før. Nesten flaut det, så mange ganger som jeg har vært her inne og blitt mektig imponert over alt det fine du lager! Takk for at du deler!
Ha en fin uke!

Hilsen Siv :o)

Sharon said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful and productive weekend. I love your table runner!

Little Penpen said...

Again... I'm jealous!! LOL Everything is so pretty!

Nancy Anne in the Finger Lakes said...

You are a very lucky woman, May Britt! I'm most envious - I'd love to be part of the group at the cabin! Can you please pass on the location or designer of the pattern for the bags you made? They are lovely and I'd like to make some up, myself.

Fernanda said...

Amo os trabalhos de vocês !! I love your work.
kisses.

Fernanda
Brasil

Becky said...

Sounds wonderful to me!

Pat from Florida said...

What a wonderful weekend. What wonderful friends! How fortunate you are.

Margo said...

I always enjoy reading your blog, especially when you post photos of your trips to the cabin. I am always amazed at the detailed projects that all of you work on during your weekend retreat. Thank you for inspiring us to carve out time for ourselves.
:0)Margo
California
USA

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what a wonderful weekend that must have been! I loved everything you shared with us. And the scenery around the cabin is gorgeous!

Grethe said...

Lucky you lot!! Ser ut som dere hadde det topp og virkelig fikk sydd en del også:-)

Angie Burrett said...

There can be nothing better than a weekend away with quilting friends - looks as if you had a great time with beautiful projects, and many laughs - lucky you!

2ne said...

Regner med dere hadde en helt toppers helg - bra påfyll med slike turer :-)

Desiree said...

Åh for en drøm å tilbringe feriedager slik :-)

Anonymous said...

Vitamin Q!! I love it.
What a wonderful way to spend time together.

StarQuilt said...

Synd at jeg var i Bodø. Skulle gjerne vært der.

Zuly said...

All quilts are beautiful!
That makes me jealous to see those pictures.
A big hug from Costa Rica

Jo said...

Now thats a great way to spend a weekend!Looks nice and relaxing and love your projects

Radka said...

Ohhhhh, this is my idea of holiday!
xx

Stina Blomgren said...

Hej... så härligt att se att livet kan gå vidare efter allt som hänt i Norge!! Lika underbart att se vad ni hittat på på er årliga tur till stugan!! och sen är jag så imponerad av allt som du gjort... Jag bockar!!! Underbart!!

Sølvis blog said...

I think you should rename the table-runner to Aby-runner after having tested it as a sun blanket.
Seems you all had a great weekend

Fee said...

It looks like a wonderful weekend.
Good friends, wonderful projects, sunshine... it's all one need to be happy.

A wonderful way to spend time together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails