Saturday, June 25, 2011

UFO-agony and surprises

Today Hanne, Laila and I have had a sewing together on msn. With reports now and then we have set goals, sewed and chatted on msn. But suddenly it all took a turn talking about UFO's. And we agreed making a list. I went into my sewingroom and started to pull projects out from the drawers and boxes. And that's when I started to get UFO-agony.

You know when you pull out one project after another and the drawer never gets empty. Projects you have not seen for a loooooooong time. Forgotten projects and kits for projects you really wanted to start at once you bought it. My head is now spinning with old and new projects, wanting to focus, finish and forget. While all these UFO's, or I rather call them WISP's (Work In Slow Progress)is laying on my table, I still want so bad to start a new project (several new projects). Hanne, Laila and I have now made lists and we have agreed to push eachother the rest of this year. Hopefully we manage to finish some of these WISP's. And I am so happy I am a part of the OPAM (One Project A Month) . This challenge is great and makes me focus. My goal is to have at least one finished project each month.

Today I have focused on My Garden BOM. Will show you the progress tomorrow.



Yesterday I got two mailbox surprises. Having a not so good day, these two gifts made me smile again. It feels so good knowing I have such great friends.

I guess you have seen these socks on Hannes blog. Never did I think that they was for me :) So I got so surprised and happy when I opened my mailbox surprise from her and spotted these socks. Thank you so much Hanne.

And Monika had made a little cupcake kit for me. Love it, and I will bake some cupcakes from your recipe real soon. Look at the wonderful bag she have made too.

Thank you Hanne and Monika for these lovely mailbox surprises.

Saying for today:

Some people make your laugh a little louder,
your smile a little brighter,
and your life a little better.

-unknown-

10 comments:

Laila said...

Hi..
Tanks for the great sewing day LOL
I realy got a lot to work on too...
Great gifts you got. :-)

Hanne said...

I am happy I could brighten your day :-)
More WISP sewing in the morning - thanks for the company!

Tingelingeling said...

Så fine ting underveis! Jeg kjenner også en liten dragning mot å lage en UFOliste.. Men enn så lenge blir det med tanken.. Må få montert opp skapene mine først..
Herlige bilder med mye fine gløtt av farger og mønster! Gleder meg til å se hva du kommer opp med.
Ønsker deg ei fortsatt fin helg.
Klem

Siri said...

Hei. Artig måte å ha sydag på! Jeg har fått forespørsel om sydag med en bloggvenninne jeg aldri har møtt (in the real life!). Det er også spennende, men denne måten å ha "fjernsydag" på høres ut som et morsomt alternativ! I morgen tror jeg at jeg skal sy HELE dagen. Gleder meg! Hilsen fra Siri:-)

Kate said...

I am feeling your WISP pain, I am suffering from it too. So I have blogges my WISP list and have banned myself from any new projects until they are done.....

and there are so many new projects I am wanting to do.......

Sue-Anne said...

Hi May, I think we all suffer from UFO-agony when we open the cupboard. What lovely surprises you got in the mail.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I have so many UFO's too. I"ve been trying really hard to finish some of them this year. It hasn't stopped me from doing new things, but I am trying to finish some UFO's!

manda said...

I think every crafter get a bit of UFO-agony, so don't worry, you're not alone!
Love those socks!!! And a cupcake kit, what a great idea!

quiltygal said...

I moved sewing rooms this weekend I have actually thrown away stuff away ....no-one wanted it & its been there for sooooo long...I have put my UFos in a pile & will try to get some done as well ...good luck with yours ..oh by the way have just posted my finished Bread & Butter quilt ...I LOVE it....

Katie said...

I made a list of my UFOs once. And then I threw it out. It was to depressing! But I have been trying to get things finished. I'll join you from afar. In spirit anyway. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails