Monday, June 13, 2011

Moving

Not me, but my DD is moving back home from Trondheim where she now have finished school. Together with my friend Irene and her husband (who drove my car with the hanger all the way) we drove up to Trondheim saturday morning. Had to drive some other roads than usual because of the flooding.
But with at lot of coffe breaks, like this one besides this huge rock, we had a great time together.


Irene and I tried to stitch a little bit in the car, but the road was so bumpy that the needle would not go where I wantetd it to go. Have to unpick some of the stitching on this one.

My DD has now finished an extra year at the Norwegian photo academy. She became a photograph last year, but have added an extra year studying art photo. And this is the three photos she had on the exhibition this weekend.

Now all her stuff is temporary stored here. It feels good to have her home, but I know she wants to find her own place to live. So I will enjoy the time together with her now .

Feeling a bit tired today. My neck and back hurts after all this moving and washing her old bedsit. So I have brought my box with My Garden BOM out on the porch, hoping to relax and do a few stitches.

This is my progress on this BOM. It is fun stitching on this and it will continue being my focus project this week.

Saying for today:

Of all the rights of women;
being a mother is the greatest.

-Unknown-

5 comments:

Melody said...

Enjoy having her home May. Sometimes my house feels a bit overcrowded with people and stuff but I wouldn't change a bit of it. My daughter and her animals are here while she looks for a new place of her own. It's wonderful.

Gra said...

I don´t usually comment on your blog, maybe once I did, but I have been reading you for a while. I like your work very much. And now I would like to congratulate your daughter for finishing her work at school. I wish you both the best and hope you get to enjoy the time together.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your blocks are looking fantastic May Britt.....and how nice to have your DD home, even just for a little while...

Siri said...

Hei. Så artig med en fotograf i slekta! Jeg har selv fått en gryende fotointeresse med mitt nye kamera. Ja, Patchworkpottery har utrolig mye fint å by på, og jeg fant henne hos deg:-) Hilsen Siri

Radka said...

Oh, I remember those days, when we were moving our two there and back from universities!
I wish you a nice summer together:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails